What comes to your mind when I say See’s or rather chocolate with some cultural significance? The answer should be See’s Candy Key Lime TruffleThey have been around for years now, and have successfully build a huge customer base. Today whenever we hear See’s, we think of tasty, soft chocolate, my mouth is watering even writing about it!
See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle, popular among children and adults alike. It is loaded with high-quality chocolate candy and finely refined lime flavor with a truffle-like texture. The candy used is developed and treated in high-quality facilities, with experts to suggest and select the right ones. They do not take any chance as far as the quality of their product is concerned. We live in an extremely demanding society, taking away all of the time in order to sustain yourself. In the midst of this rat race, our diet is the one that takes a hit. We find ourselves skipping meals and resorting to unhealthy fast to curb our hunger, as there is no time for cooking or ensuring a healthy diet. In these harsh times, small things like candies can bring a smile to your face. Experts have found that chocolates and sweets have a positive impact on your mood if you are going through some mental issues. So, go ahead and get yourself a pack of the good old See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle!
How to make them:
Do you want to make your own chocolates and impress your friends with your cooking skills? Then do not think any further and go ahead with Candy Key Lime Truffle. It is easy to make and most ingredients are available and cheap. Craving some See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle, and don’t feel like going out? Then read the instructions below to make your own.
- 3/4 cup (180ml) heavy cream*
- zest of 2 limes
- 14 ounces (395g) white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon (15ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons (30g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature and cut into 4 pieces
- Heat the cream and lime zest in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped white chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl. Add the lime juice and butter to the bowl. Do not stir yet. Set aside.
- After 30 minutes, place the lime-infused cream back over heat until it barely begins simmering again. Remove from heat and strain it through a mesh sieve overtop the white chocolate to remove the zest
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Measure 1 teaspoon of ganache filling and roll between your hands into a ball. Place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the bittersweet chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl.
- Remove truffles from the refrigerator and begin dipping into the chocolate. Melt the white chocolate and candy melts (if using) together, in the same manner, you melted the chocolate in step 8. Using a fork or a squeeze bottle, drizzle over the truffles. Allow truffles to set at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
It can be considered as calorie friend foods, as most of the ingredients like lime and chocolate are packed with healthy nutrients, which will help our bodies function better! Limes are high in compounds that function as antioxidants in your body, including flavonoids, limonoids, kaempferol, quercetin, and ascorbic acid. Limes are high in vitamin C content, a nutrient that may help boost your immune system. Besides vitamin C, limes are also a great source of antioxidants, which help strengthen your immune system by defending cells against free radical damage. Limes have several properties that may promote healthy skin. First, they’re high in vitamin C, which is necessary to make collagen, a protein that keeps your skin firm and strong.
One study, published in The Journal of Nutrition, suggests that chocolate consumption might help in reducing bad cholesterol. Several Research published, suggested that consuming chocolate could help lower the risk of developing heart disease by one-third. Based on their observations, the authors concluded that higher levels of chocolate consumption could be linked to a lower risk of cardiometabolic disorders. Hence if you want to take advantage of all the above benefits and more go ahead and get yourself some delicious See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle!
Nutritional value of See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle:
See’s Candy Key Lime Truffle, is truly beneficial for the health and delicious at the same time!With about 440 calories per 100grams, it is considered as a high-calorie density food. high in carbs and low in proteins and high in fats it is not an ideal option to maintain a balance during a strict keto diet.
- Total calories: 94calories.
- Serving size: about 21g.
Amount per serving-
- Total fat:6g
- Total carbohydrate:10g.
- Protein: 1g.