Planning to watch a movie on a lazy weekend? Or are you looking for the perfect evening snack? If any then nachos is the way to go. Deliciously flavored, it comes in a variety of options so that you never get bored. Be it movie theatres, restaurants or your very own home nachos has always been a staple. To make your nachos, just place a layer of tortilla chips on a platter or plate. Top it with a layer of the beef/bean mixture. Add another layer of chips, and another layer of the beef/bean mixture, and you a delicious plate of nachos for yourself!
Protein in nachos – beef and cheese is even great for people following a strict diet. Even after being a snack, it provides you with high-quality protein and nutrients. We live in an extremely demanding society, taking away all of the time in order to sustain yourself. In the midst of this rat race, our diet is the one that takes a hit. We find ourselves skipping meals and resorting to unhealthy fast to curb our hunger, as there is no time for cooking or ensuring a healthy diet. As a result, we fail to gain the necessary amount of proteins and minerals suggested by doctors. Hence it will be of immense help if one of our snacks helps us live our lives a little healthier.
Origin of our favorite snack: Nachos!
Have you ever thought while ordering a bowl of nachos, that who must have invented this hero of a snack? If yes, then surely you will enjoy reading on. Nachos originated in the city of Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico, just over the border from Eagle Pass, Texas, in and around 1943. Originally from northern Mexico, they were created for an American palate, and have gained worldwide popularity in just a few years. Some cite the popularity of Mexican food; others say “the cheese factor” appeals to the health-conscious. They do know sales are best at late hours and in cooler weather and the best audiences are young and male.
How to make nachos?
Don’t you feel like impressing your family and friends, making them some healthy and delicious nachos? And no not fear because of all the ingredients and easily available and mostly cheap.
- Tortilla chips
- Ground beef– I recommend using Ground Beef – 85% Lean
- Diced green chilies
- Black beans
- Low-sodium taco seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place tortilla chips on a baking sheet:
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add Ground beef in chunks and cook occasionally until cooked through, about 6 minutes. Drain fat.
- Add flavorings: Stir in tomato sauce, black beans, green chiles, and taco seasoning.
- Layer beef mixture and cheeses on nachos: Spoon mixture evenly over chips. Sprinkle both kinds of cheese over the ground beef layer.
- Bake: Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 5 – 6
- Add toppings: Top with avocados or any of your favorite topping. mix with sour cream or drizzle with crema. Serve immediately, and let people enjoy your delicious yet health nachos!
Health benefits of nachos:
Although it is a snack, nachos have a plethora of benefits to its name. cheese, lime, and Ground beef are the base ingredients for making nachos and each of these has its own range of health benefits. The cheese has vitamins and calcium which help in bone development, the lime hugely helps in the digestion process and beef acts as a source of high-quality protein needed for muscle building and overall wellbeing.
Nutritional value of: protein in nachos – beef and cheese
With about 815 calories per 100grams of nachos – beef and cheese is considered as a high-calorie density food. Medium in carbs and medium in proteins and high in fats it is not an ideal option to maintain a balance during a strict keto diet.
- Total calories: 231calories.
- Serving size:about28g.
Amount per serving-
- Total fat:13g
- Total carbohydrate:21g.